MAKE SURE to find out:
- if you are eligible for free translations provided through the Federal Government
- if there are any other special conditions about who can translate your documents (e.g. Drivers Licences)
MAKE ESPECIALLY SURE that what you want translated is VALID.
Check your documents for:
- EXPIRY DATES – make sure these have have not been exceeded, or are soon pending.
- Beware – some authorities might not accept documents deemed too close to expiry (e.g. passports, visas, etc).
If your documents don’t have an expiry date, you should still check whether they satisfy conditions about:
- AGE – make sure they are recent enough for what you want to do.
- Beware – some authorities might not accept documents that are several years old (e.g. ID Cards with outdated photographs) or even a few months old (e.g. Registry documents such as Birth Certificates).
Always consult your lawyer, immigration agent, or the authorities if you have any doubts about whether your documents meet the submission criteria. Checking beforehand can save on expense, inconvenience and disappointment later on.